Thursday, April 15, 2010

Last few weeks

Sorry for forgetting to update for so long.

Here's where I've been going the past few weeks:

Bayfront Park:

I went up to Bayfront Park and walked down by the docks. It's such a peaceful place to be, and especially during the warmer months here, it's especially fun to just walk up and down the park sidewalks. I was really happy stopping by, and I hope to continue to return. I think that the Bayfront Park is one of the better places to spend the end of a day.

City Island:

Although it was with the class, I really did enjoy going to City Island (now Google Island). I especially enjoyed walking through the small patch of forest. Again, a lot of my reasoning for enjoying these walks later in the day is just the tranquility of it. I think that now that the Florida winter is over, I can enjoy the outdoors a lot more.

Centennial Park:

This one was the furthest back. I went along with a friend to Centennial Park to assist him with a photo shoot. Although it was a windy and cold day, it was a beautiful view of the water. I've stopped by Centennial in the past, and I really enjoy just standing by the dockside. It's one of the many reasons why I enjoy staying in Florida during the year.

In general, I think this class has inspired me to spend more time going and exploring the outdoors and exploring Sarasota in general. Although I had the excuse of class assignments for some of these entries, I did enjoy visiting these places in Sarasota, and would probably visit on my own had I known about them beforehand.

--David

No comments:

Post a Comment