Monday, March 1, 2010

Ringling Museum

This past week I was at the Ringling Museum for my Location Lighting class. We didn't spend any time inside of the actual museum, but we did spend time outside in both the courtyard and in the ca d'zan. I really enjoyed walking around the museum's grounds on a bright and sunny day. I thought it was nice to see as much shrubbery as there was on the grounds. I had never really explored outside of the actual museum before, so it was nice to see what else they had to offer.

What I noticed as very unique for a museum was their rose garden. I was really surprised to find that they kept up things like this at an art museum. I was pleasantly surprised to see how much they used Florida's tropical climate to their advantage. Also, after watching more about ca d'zan in class, I was excited to see it in person. The whole area is still kept up very well. I hope to make a return to this back area of the museum. It was a nice experience and a good alternative to the usual museum tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment